.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Garlic Harvest

I was up early this morning and noticed my garlic plants were tilted over,dried and somewhat brown. I had planted these bulbs 9 per square last Fall and now they show signs of maturity. Using a trowel, I carefully lifted the bulbs up and harvested some nice large garlic!  I love to use garlic in my cooking and it has many health benefits too.


I hang them up to dry like this in my mud room for a couple of weeks for the best flavor. I save some of these bulbs in a cool dry place to plant again in the Fall. I separate the cluster and plant each clove pointed tip up.

homegardenstogo.com

homegardenstogo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment