.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Monday, July 28, 2014

Cole Slaw from the Square Foot Garden

I really like to grow cabbage in my Square Foot Garden. I grow one per 12" square and plant by seed in the early spring. I harvested it in July and came up with this coleslaw mixture using my fresh cabbage, parsley, chives and carrots. Simply chop these ingredients up and add a sweet vinaigrette or poppy seed dressing to your taste and mix well. It will stay delicious in the frig for several days. The plain cabbage head will stay fresh in the frig for weeks or you can cut a wedge at a time off your cabbage plant as its still growing to keep it even more fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment