.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Preparing to Grow Cool Weather Vegetables

I'm preparing a raised bed for planting some cool weather vegetables by adding fresh compost and covering it with a 6 mil thickness of plastic.  The frame cover is made of PVC and is also used later in the season as my "critter cage" to keep out animals. The plastic will provide a greenhouse effect and warm up the soil in the bed  and loosen it for planting. This method is one way Square Foot Gardening extends the growing season. My plants will be growing before the regular ground is even thawed.



No comments:

Post a Comment