.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Super Foods in the Garden: Kale and Parsnip

   This is my first time planting kale and I put in 4 per square.  I actually have become more familiar with it of late and like the taste.It is a very nutritious leafy vegetable that is easy to grow. it seems to keep its flavor longer then lettuce  in the heat.  I have added it to green smoothies salads and sandwiches.  The flavor is mild like spinach. .

Parsnips are a very nutritious root vegetable. The root vegetables are the most nutritious ones of all like carrots , beets and turnips. They take a little longer than the  carrot to grow but they are larger. They are delicious roasted With seasonings like schilling's MontrĂ©al chicken. I planted 9 per square. The parsnips are in the foreground left below.


No comments:

Post a Comment