.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Lettuce Wraps from the Garden

The lettuce in my Square Foot Garden is abundant.  I have romaine, red leaf, bibb, and salanova (my first try of this variety a friend recommended  from Johnys seeds).  I decided to  prepare lettuce wraps for dinner last Sunday night  and fed the whole family. I simply found a "Lettuce Wraps"seasoning packet at my local grocery store  which had the recipe.  I finely chopped chicken and water chestnuts then marinaded the mixture in the seasoning with some soy sauce and little cane sugar.  The flavor was similar to a recipe I use often for teriyaki.  I use 1/2 c olive oil, 1/2 c water, 3 T raw cane sugar, 1t finely shredded fresh ginger, 2 garlic clove finely chopped, 1 C soy sauce.  The wraps were a hit with the fam and even leaf lettuces are crisp when cut fresh from the garden.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment