.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Start Seedlings Indoors

You can start vegetable seedlings indoors with proper lighting and temperature.  Use an inexpensive  fluorescent light fixture and mount it where it can be close to your seedlings.  I mounted two lights under a cabinet then laid out trays on top of an unused sink and counter top.  Since I am using my cold basement I wrapped an old white shower curtain around the cabinets and placed a warming lamp inside.  In just a week or so most of the seeds have sprouted,cauliflower, lettuces,onions, broccoli, cilantro, and parsley.  I have planted these cool weather vegies for now.  Around the end of March I will start tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and melons.

No comments:

Post a Comment