.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Now's the Time to Plant Fall Vegetables

You can extend your growing season! August is the month to plant the cool weather vegetables for a harvest in October. They include lettuces, spinach, cabbage,peas,chard, broccoli, and cauliflower. Add and mix a trowel full of compost to each 12" square to increase nutrients for your new seeds. For several days keep planted seeds damp with a shower or mist hose sprayer.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Belinda! My new favorite thing I grew this year, 5 different kinds of potatoes. Red. white, Yukon, Kennebec and purple, yes I have purple potato salad or slightly mashed with a touch of butter and sea salt! It's a hoot! Be still my heart! So you can have red, white and purple potato salad, so American!

    ReplyDelete