.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Let's Get Growing!

I guess you could say we're lucky here in Utah. We've had a mild winter and Spring has come early. Of course, we could use more moisture, that's for sure. I wonder if the California drought is spreading this direction! Square Foot Gardening is a great way to conserve water. We water by hand from a bucket of sun warmed water that we keep near our raised bed. Its very handy and the plants respond favorably to the warmed water, just like people do.
  I've planted a number of seeds already, some outside and some in my greenhouse. The outside plantings have been lettuces, carrots, spinach, cilantro,and potatoes. The winter was so mild my parsley is still alive. My chives are getting stronger,they are perennial and I really enjoy them in my salads and other dishes for a mild onion flavor. In my greenhouse I have started several varieties of tomatoes,zucchini, butternut squash, peppers, and pumpkin. I won't transplant these until the middle of May here in my climate zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment