.

Hi! I'm Belinda, a Square Foot Gardener and a Certified Instructor of the Square Foot Gardening method. I am also the Head of Operations at Square Foot Gardening.Com and a Master Gardener with the Utah State University extension.
Square Foot Gardening is by far the most hassle free way to grow food. Read on and see why!

Monday, March 3, 2014

A Square Foot Garden Flourishes in Early Spring

I
We are lucky in Utah and having a very mild and early spring. I pulled my lettuces, spinach and cilantro out of my green house (that I managed to keep alive all winter) and planted them in my 4 x 4 box outside. This is probably the earliest I've ever had these growing outside so well. Sugar Peapod seeds are planted nine per square. The little white tent is a picnic cover I found at Big Lots. I tacked them down and they are great for protecting my small broccoli, kale  and cauliflower seedlings from the hungry birds.

I love spring gardening because it's cool outside and there is a lot of rain to do the watering. I just water by hand because it doesn't need to be done very often. Are you doing any spring gardening?

No comments:

Post a Comment